Titel: Making Decisions in Biomedical Informatics
- 10.09.2020, 10-12 Uhr
- Registration required (links and password will be provided afterwards)
- Webconference via Zoom
As part of the online GMDS conference 2020, the GMDS working group "Biomedizinische Informatik" will conduct a workshop with the title "Making Decisions in Biomedical Informatics". The talks will be made available approximately two weeks before the event and should be viewed in advance as preparation for the discussions during the workshop.
- 10:00 - 10:10 Introduction (Tim Beißbarth)
- 10:10 - 10:35 Summary of the talk with followed discussions: "The molecular Haemogram-challenges for biomedical IT" (Andreas Keller)
- 10:35 - 11:00 Summary of the talk with followed discussions: "Analyzing brain MRI data with machine (deep) learning - promises and pitfalls" (Kerstin Ritter)
- 11:00 - 11:25 Summary of the talk with followed discussions: "Knowledge management support for molecular tumor boards" (Ulf Leser)
- 11:25 - 11:35 Summary (Uli Sax)
- 11:35 - 12:00 General discussion (Uli Sax, Tim Beißbarth)
Speakers (access to presentation after registration):
- Andreas Keller, Universität des Saarlandes
- Kerstin Ritter, Charite Berlin
- Ulf Leser, Humboldt-Universität Berlin
Increasing amounts of high-throughput data sets are collected during the examination of patients, in particular imaging data and data from genome-wide screening techniques like next-generation sequencing (NGS) or proteomics. The analysis of these complex data sets identifies new challenges for biomedical informatics, medical bioinformatics, biostatistics, and systems medicine. Therefore, artificial intelligence approaches are being increasingly explored. During this workshop, the influence of big data and artificial intelligence in biomedical informatics will be discussed.